[Ansteorra] King's College class

Wendy Marsh wotte at mac.com
Fri Jun 22 20:51:42 PDT 2012

Greetings to fellow fiber-lovers!

Look for my "Distaff Spinning in the hand" class at the very end of the day at King's College.  I am working on putting the handout up on the site; however, it is truly a hands-on class.

This class is especially suited for those who are new to spinning, or have tried their hand at drop-spinning and found, much to their chagrin, that they are better at the dropping portion than the spinning.

You don't need to bring anything - you will start by making your own distaff & spindle, then walk through the basics of drawing, drafting, twisting, and some simple plying - without ever letting go of the spindle.

Children are welcome in the class - most youth have the dexterity required around the age of 8-10 to pick up spinning.  Young children should expect to be given a set of (teaching) cards, and set to carding wool for the spinners!

In Service to the Dream,
H.L. Willoc mac Muiredaig
wyllowmacm at netscape.net