[Ansteorra] Youth Combat at Gulf Wars

Manners, Tabitha tabitha.manners at okstate.edu
Mon Mar 5 08:27:37 PST 2012

According the Society Earl Marshal Sir Omarad the wary, PVC is not allowed for any youth combat weapon (effective January 1, 2012).  This includes two-handed weapons and pole-arms.  All weapons must be rattan core (with a few exceptions in Division 1 and with experimental weapons).  I believe he and the Society Deputy for Youth Combat Sir Callidus will be at Gulf War.  If anyone has any questions about this, please e-mail me.

Glean Abhann does use 3/4 inch shaved rattan.  The standard by Society is 3/4-1 inch rattan (shaved or with skin).  For any wondering, Ansteorra does not require /shaved/ rattan for youth combat, but we do now require rattan.

The other notes about two-handed weapons, etc. which are mentioned below are rules for Glean Abhann only.

Thank you,

Lady Liliana
DEM for Youth Combat
Kingdom of Ansteorra