[Ansteorra] Noble Experiment

Tim McDaniel tmcd at panix.com
Sat Mar 31 20:17:23 PDT 2012

Aoife / ajquig at cableone.net wrote

On Sat, 31 Mar 2012, Michelle Dodd <lygabrielerdb at hotmail.com> wrote:
> What is the 'tale'? Who is the author?

The tale was posted to this list about 12 hours before the note you
replied to and about 15 hours before your reply, with the subject line
     fwd: The Noble Experiment Re-visited. A Mind Exercise for SCAers
     up to t
You can read the whole message at
http://lists.ansteorra.org/pipermail/ansteorra-ansteorra.org/2012-March/078277.html

In brief, it was a message on the rec.org.sca Usenet newsgroup, with
the historical what-if premise

     ... a square mile around Kings Arrow Ranch [during Gulf Wars] has
     been moved to a forest in 13th Century England.  Join us on a new
     list (TNEII at yahoogroups.com) for an experiment of the mind.
     What do we do now?  How do we survive?  What do we have available?
     What knowledge, skills and resources can we bring to bear on this
     situation?

_Island in the Sea of Time_ et seq are books by S&M Stirling with a
similar premise, with Nantucket Island being transported from 1998 to
1250 BC (in its same geographical location, I believe).

Danihel Lincolia
Tim McDaniel, tmcd at panix.com