[Ansteorra] Fw: Thank you for Co-Baronials!

Virginia Lively vdlively at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 18:32:19 PDT 2012

----- Forwarded Message -----
From: Virginia Lively <vdlively at yahoo.com>
To: Loch Soilleir Announcements <loch-soilleir at lists.ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2012 8:31 PM
Subject: Thank you for Co-Baronials!

We wish to thank everyone who has helped with CoBaronials-it was a wonderful weekend full of grace and chivalry.  It has been said before, but our local events are our gift of service to the Kingdom, and the service shown last weekend and at Squires/Cades/Acarius was wonderful to behold, so thank you to:

Kragg and his wife Henessey for all of their work preparing for the event- from Kragg running a lawn mower to Hennessy making the website, they were great at taking care of the hundreds of things necessary for an event to run smoothly.

All of the fine people of the Loch who sat Troll for us and for Maggie overseeing it all.

Milady Janet and Mistress Kassilda who ran two lists for most of the day and to the wonderful fighters who thanked them and made choosing our champions such a difficult decision.  Special thanks to John of Severn and Piet who oversaw the chiv and rapier lists for both Baronies.

For our premier Archery Champion Patrick who ran the archery for us.

Ihon and Isabeau for a lovely feast and to the ladies of Bordermarch who helped serve high table.

To Katya and Hennessy for putting on a nobles luncheon at short notice.

Delphina for hosting a fantastic A&S contest that we are still getting compliments on!  Thanks too for coordinating the site tokens - thank you to everyone who wove a distinctive memento of the day!

Madog and Krag and the rest of their helpers for making the Loch champion's prizes- they were great!

To the various ladies of the Loch who checked up on me to make sure I was watered, fed and had fantastic help during the courts.

Tristan for hauling the trailer back and forth for the umpteenth time...

Thank you to Alesseer for a lovely hafla.

To Christyana, Brenna, Kate and Willa and Ebi for set up and tear down.

I know there were several people who helped set up, sit gate, marshalled, and helped tear down site whom I did not mention, so for that I thank you greatly.

The SCA is only as great as our volunteers, no mattter what rank or station we hold.  Thank you for volunteering your time and service.