[Ansteorra] Steppes Warlord - Artisan Row

Vickie arastya at yahoo.com
Wed May 9 18:37:21 PDT 2012

Time is getting short and I wanted to remind all the artisans to send me your info to researve a spot for your amazing displays.  Please send me your name and what you are going to display.  I will also need to know if it is an indoor or outdoor space that you need.

Below is a recap of what Artisan Row is;

I have talked to several of you over the last few months
about an A&S display format I am sponsoring at Steppes Warlord this
year.  I am calling it “Artisans
Row”.  I didn’t know at the time I named
it that Pennsic has a similarly named event, but they are very similar in
purpose so I don’t think the cross identity will be a problem. Individuals and
groups may enter, though each entry type is limited to a 10 x 10 foot space in
the hall. (Outside will naturally have more space available.)
I am inviting artisans of all levels (beginners to Laurels)
to display their art form in a period style working environment.  Examples would be tailor shops, cobbler
shops, blacksmith shop, etc.  I have even
had some ask if creating a Lady’s solar would be allowed and by all means that
is do-able.  I am looking for an
environment that encourages creativity and teaching.  I would like to encourage the artisans to sit
with their work as much as possible, so they can interact with the populace
showing them how they do their craft and helping create the feeling of walking
through a medieval craft fair.
The winner will be determined by a combination of populace
vote and input from the B&B and Royalty.  Each person entering the Artisan Row area will receive a bead to bestow
on their favorite artisan.  There will
also be special beads for Laurels, Pelican and Knights to bestow on their
favorites, plus, of course, other special beads for the Landed and Royalty to
bestow.  At the end of the day these
beads will be strung on a cord and presented as a memento to each of the
Artisans entering.  There will be a gift
basket to the Artisan deemed to the best display.
I am really hoping for a fun and informative A&S entry
were we can all have a great time interacting with each other.   My inspiration for this was an event years
ago with a similar format that I personally remember as the best and most fun
A&S thing I ever did.
BTW most of the Artisan Row area is inside the hall with
A/C!  Only things that need to be outside
will be housed outside the hall.  Please
contact me for any questions you might have, we also have a Facebook page set
up for questions and other information. https://www.facebook.com/groups/385486931468098
or search groups for Artisans Row at Warlord 2012.

Mistress Asiya
Vickie Bratcher