[Ansteorra] Conversation starter...

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon May 14 23:15:43 PDT 2012

On May 15, 2012, at 12:53 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Another couple of years go by, and in the fall of 1988, I went with
> a couple of friends to the Texas Renaissance Fair in Magnolia, TX.
> While their I signed up on the information sheet at the SCA booth.
> One the way home I talked to a pair of my friends, Kim and Paul
> Schrueders (Nina of the Lost Caverns and Demitre) about the SCA and
> I decided I needed to be less of a hermit socially and they made a
> few calls when we got back into town and confirmed that fighter
> practice was still being done on Sunday afternoons in Waterloo
> Park.  That next Sunday, or maybe the one after that I showed up at
> the park and started playing.

One thing I forgot to mention. Remember I mentioned I signed up on
that list in the SCA booth at TRF....

Several months later I got a post card or flyer from the SCA.

I was already a paid member of the SCA and been to a number of fighter
practices and even an event or two when it arrived in the mail :-)
Including, I think, the Moustache War.

Stefan

--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com