[Ansteorra] Curiosoity...Why did Shadowlands get proclaimed as 'Capitol of Ansteorra'

Pat Mullins paedrics at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 6 16:04:38 PST 2012

It is an assumption of right, as you suspected. For what it is worth, King Ulsted and Queen Ebergardis did knowingly sign the first scrolls (by their own hands, I believe) and no one has ever challenged that claim. Further, King Owen, during his reign, also knowingly issued a Shadowlands-Capital of Ansteorra Comet, and most recently, King Aaron and Queen Amelot issued two in April, although whether they read them before they were signed is open to question.
The Shire of the Shadowlands is the oldest Shire in the kingdom, having been in existence since before the region of Ansteorra petitioned for Principality status (Shadowlands was marked on the map included with that petition). The Shire has never been a Barony, but has also never been anything less than a Shire. The Shadowlands, being largely a college group, has always been rather transitory in nature, and many former Shadowlanders have gone on to achieve greatness and fame in other parts of the kingdom.
When Ulstedwho first proclaimeed us the Capital, first came to
Ansteorra, many years ago, he came to the Shadowlands, the Shire still
(I hope) holds a special place in his heart.
Finally, the Shadowlands has always been known for our sense of humor, and while this all started as sort of a joke, it is one we are very proud of.
Lord Paedric OMullan
Shadowlands Historian and "Capital" Scribe