[Ansteorra] *OT* Attn: Sable Shields!

Michele Reichek txcolorandstyle at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 22:06:34 PDT 2012

Hi everyone!

For those who may not be aware, the Sable Shield is given to any Ansteorran who has served or is currently serving in the military.  To celebrate our Sable Shields and all they've done, Id like to share some OT news with everyone.

Mundanely, I am a hairstylist for SportClips (which is a sports-themed hair salon for men and boys) here in Austin, TX and for the rest of October until Veteran's Day on November 11, every SportClips salon is donating $1 for every haircut done to the Veteran's of Foreign Wars Operation: Uplink.  This event raises monies to buy phone cards and such to allow service men and women overseas and in hospitals to call home during the holidays free of charge.

Further, on November 11, Veteran's Day, any former or active duty military person is welcome to enjoy an MVP haircut at any SportClips salon FOR FREE.  This includes your haircut, a steam towel treatment, a shampoo, and a shoulder and neck massage.  Naturally, if you are in Austin, I'd love to see our Sable Shields at my salon :)

Lastly, each salon is collecting donations towards this worthy fund raiser, too.  If you donate towards Operation: Uplink, you can enjoy a prize (I'm not sure what the other salons are doing, but mine is doing free Double MVP upgrades, a prize table, and free lunch coupons to local restaurants.)

If you want to know more, feel free to PM me via email or via Facebook!

Thanks,
Jeanne-Marie la Verriere
(mundanely Michele Bouchard)