[Ansteorra] Fwd: [MR] This is so close to perfect for SCAdians that it hurts

SoldierGrrrl soldier.grrrl at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 03:41:48 PDT 2012

Miles,

Thank you for saying this better than I can.  I am on call this month, and
leaving my phone on vibrate isn't an option, nor is it when I have family
deployed.

Helene

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 12:06 AM, Miles Grey <Kahn at west-point.org> wrote:

> On 9/4/2012 8:54 PM, David Brown wrote:
>
>> As long as you keep your cell phone in your tent or if you must carry
>> it...put it on vibrate...and step away into somewhere private or
>> semi-private.
>>

> Unfortunately, Real Life must trump this game we play.  Lots of garb
> doesn't have pockets, and I've learned the hard way that a phone on vibrate
> in a belt pouch may as well be turned off.  If your Real Life can be put on
> hold for that long, good for you, but realize that that's just not the case
> for everyone.  I *really* wish it could be, but, sadly, the world just
> doesn't abide by my wishes.
>
>   Miles Grey
>
> --
"Whatever their fond sentiments for men and women in uniform, for most
Americans the war remains an abstraction – a distant and unpleasant series
of news items that do not affect them personally."- Robert Gates, Secretary
of Defense.