[Ansteorra] The Discussions

Kingdom Hospitaler kingdom at hospitaler.ansteorra.org
Wed Feb 6 07:46:57 PST 2013

I would like to echo His Majesty's words, and add a suggestion:

One of the best ways to rekindle the spark of the SCA is to help a
newcomer.
When you explain the SCA to someone who knows nothing about it, you will
find yourself focusing on the positive
aspects. Take some time to think about what it was like for you when you
were new. Did you have someone help you?
Do you remember the first time that a gentleman kissed your hand?
Do you remember the feeling of satisfaction when you helped someone?
Do you remember what it was like to offer, or be offered, a personal favor?
Remember those times. Remember the wonderful way that you felt.

Help someone else to experience those times, and not only will you feel
them again, you will have a new experience to remember,

Sometimes, when we get so busy, with our modern lives/jobs, as well as our
SCA jobs and projects, that we forget to stop and look around us
at the magic that truly does exist in our Kingdom.  I know that I'm guilty
of this, but I am the only one that can fix it.

When you help someone new (whether new to the SCA, or new to Ansteorra),
you make a difference - not only to them,  but to yourself, and ultimately,
to the Kingdom and the Society.

Ask yourself what you are doing to help make this happen.

Your servant,

Suzanne Beraud

Kingdom Hospitaler

------------------------------

I wanted to reach out and say thank you to everyone who is participating in
the discussions, and working to articulate their feelings and opinions.  I
feel that it is very important that things are discussed, thoughts are
exchanged, and hopefully, through these discussions, we as a kingdom will
decide upon the course and direction we wish to take.  It can be
challenging to keep these discussions positive, and I applaud everyone for
making a very visible effort to remain positive.

Remember that the impetus for these discussions is to reverse the decline
in activity in our fair kingdom, and to begin to grow Ansteorra in the
direction that we so choose.

It will be our choices during this time that will direct the course of our
revival.

Jean Paul
Rex

Qui mieux fait, mieux vault.