[Ansteorra] ideas was Presentation at Round Table

Robert G. Ferrell rgferrell at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 16:15:19 PST 2013

On 1/29/2013 5:59 PM, David Brown wrote:
> We need to get more serious about what the SCA is. I am no period Nazi but I really find it horrid when people are in court on their phones or drinking from a soda can.

Here's the thing: if you come to an SCA event and then just keep doing
what you were doing before, you're really missing out on the 'magical'
aspects of the Society. I would venture to say that no one ever had a
"medieval moment" via tweet. You have to be involved, invested in the
game, and paying attention for those things to happen. Once you get
hooked on them, your iPhone won't seem so cool anymore.

At least give it a try.

Cynric
Lion