[Ansteorra] Time period

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 29 08:42:37 PDT 2013

Where there tends to be some slack given, is when something is only, finally documented after 1600 but there is some evidence that it was previously done before then. Often things are in use before they get documented.

Certainly, if you have much better documentation for something used in 1619, but you have not so good documentation for the something similar prior to 1600, use the latter. In that case what you are wanting to stress is that the item or technique didn't seem to change abruptly after 1600.

Again, the basic plague doctor outfit does originate during the Black Plague (or before), so the basic idea is definitely period.

There are multiple, whole books on the Black Death, but just in case it might be of interest here in an article in the Florilegium:
Black-Death-art (12K) 1/ 1/03 "The Black Death in Italy!" by Marija Kotok.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/UNCAT/Black-Death-art.html

If someone has an article or A&S documentation on these plague outfits, or a how-to-make article, I would love to add it to the Florilegium.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris