[Ansteorra] Steppes Warlord - Our thanks

Duncan Hepburn duncan at stormypetrel.org
Sat Jun 1 07:29:07 PDT 2013

Greetings to our friends, family, and fellow Ansteorrans from Duncan and
Genevieve, Baron and Baroness of the Steppes.

This past Steppes Warlord was one of our favorite events, and we have you
all to thank for it. Adversity does an amazing thing: it brings us closer
together. The storms that swept through site only served to make our
community stronger. To those who helped hold up tents, or set tents back
up; to those who braved the weather: our reward was a beautiful weekend
with fabulous tournaments, plentiful shopping, and fun courts. We also came
together in support of our neighbors to the north who have been the victim
of severe weather. The donations given will help them greatly, so thank you
for that also.

We have spent a week gathering a long list of names for this post, but in
an attempt to save everyone from another TL:DR thank you post, we would
like to simply add our thanks to those given by the event stewards and
other officers of the Steppes. We want to thank EVERYONE who pitched in and
worked in some way to make Steppes Warlord XL not just a success, but truly
magnificent and fun.

Some wonderful people were recognized by the Crown in court, and we would
like to take the time to congratulate them here and advise the public of
their accolades:

Viktor de Champagne (Mini-Hep) - Rising Star
Æsileif Geirfinnsdottir - Award of Arms
Bastienne d'Arcis - Award of Arms
Alexandra notte Claire - Sable Crane
Layla bint Yusuf - Order of the Oak of the Steppes
Aurelia Yverneau - Iris of Merit
Jasper Codrington - Iris of Merit
Katarzyna Nikolaieva - Iris of Merit
Daniel de Burdon - Star of Merit
Lyneya de Grey - Star of Merit
Lasguaard Aglanar the Red Fox - Court Barony

Sven Randalsson - announced for elevation to Order of Chivalry
Alden Drake - announced for elevation to Order of the Pelican
Duncan Hepburn - announced for elevation to Order of the Pelican

Antigone of York - Acorn of the Steppes
Asiya bint Mikael - Acorn of the Steppes
Erastus von Eisenwald uber Tauberbishofscheim - Acorn of the Steppes
Jon Luthersson - Acorn of the Steppes
Katheryn Kavanaugh - Acorn of the Steppes
Sven Randalsson - Acorn of the Steppes

As well we would like to congratulate our new baronial champions:

Sven Randalsson - Steppes Warlord XL
Antigone of York - Steppes Queen of Love and Beauty
Ingrid of York - Steppes Rapier Champion
Elec inghean Sheain - Steppes Queen of Grace and Honor
Cian Rhys Gravenor - Steppes Archer
Brian O hUilliam - Steppes Bard
Layla bint Yusuf - Steppes Middle Eastern Dance Champion

Once again, to all who came and participated in an amazing event. We hope
that your day was as special as ours, because for us it was a day we will
never forget, and for that you have our sincere gratitude.

In service,