[Ansteorra] An Armored Hunt at Bring out Your Dead 2.0!!!!

Darlene Burns annescvb at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 17:40:13 PDT 2013

Greetings!

Our event is in two short months! There will be a HUNT at our event! If you
have never experienced an armored hunt, you are in for a treat!!

As the Knight Marshal for our event, Bring Out Your Dead 2.0, on November
8, 9 & 10, I am looking for the following participants to make this HUNT
extra special and extra fun!

1. BEASTS!!! A hunt must have beasts to hunt. Have you ever considered
being a Boar? or Stag? or Dragon? We are in need of *experienced* armored
chivalric combatants to play the part of our BEAST. We will provide you
with a tabard with your Beast for identification purposes unless you wish
to provide your own beastly costuming.
2. HUNTERS!!! A hunt must have hunters! Forming a team of two or more
armored (or archery) combatants, you hunt and slay the vile beastie!
3. DOGS!!! A hunt needs DOGS to find the beast! These non-combatants need
to have sturdy footwear, gloves, knee-pads, elbow pads and a hat. These
people need to enjoy howling, baying, chasing stuff and generally acting
like dogs!
4. Distractor Creatures!!! DOGS get distracted by rabbits, squirrels, and
other small creatures found in the wild. These are also non-combatants who
wander about getting chased by the dogs who should chase them.
5. BARDS!!! The HUNTERS need BARDS to record and glorify their deeds
against the dreaded BEASTS! These non-combatants follow the teams at a safe
distance and sing of their deeds at court and at feast that evening.
6. MARSHALS!! 1 marshal per team is required to handle the dogs and to
marshal the fight between the hunters and the beasts.

As you can see, this is a fun scenario that can involve many people who
normally get no chance to participate in the fights at events. Come on out
and see how much fun you can have!

If you are interested in being a BEAST; A HUNTER; forming a HUNT TEAM; a
DOG; a CREATURE; a BARD or a MARSHAL, please contact me IMMEDIATELY (if not
sooner) so that I have an idea of how big this HUNT is going to be!

Call 281-825-1881 no later than 9pm any evening OR write to this email
address: annescvb at gmail.com and I will get back with you!

In Service to the Dream,
Centurion Thorgard inn Svarti