[Ansteorra] Winter Crown Results?

Peter Holland pholland64 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 08:15:18 PST 2014

my two cents, worth less than a haypenny,
I know I am not the only ghost or near ghost
who due physical, financial, or just life limitations
(I am limited by my ability to drive not as far as once did, and I am care
giver to my parents)
are not able to be there with you by the list field, at the feast or in
court;
just please remember us!
Our not being there is not disinterest, we still love watching fights,
being awed by the pageantry, rejoicing in our fellows rewards.
I know my fellow bards and scalds it could an exercise of your muse post
deed tales
on this common post, tell of the largess of court.
I too remember what homecoming is like on the Sunday after the event
I am aware there many calls on time and body is not willing to go any
farther
these are merely my thoughts on the matter
may the gods look kindly on Ansteorra

On Mon, Jan 13, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Jay Rudin <rudin at peoplepc.com> wrote:

> Cynric wrote:
> > So, before we decide that the sole source of SCA communication is FB, let
> > us consider whether or not we're willing to accept responsibility for
> > forcing people with no other use for FB to create an account.
>
> We will never "decide" on any sole source of SCA communication. The gossip
> party, telephone, email, IM, and other means of communication are still
> very active, and all completely unofficial. We will have our unofficial
> conversations everywhere anybody chooses to start one.
>
> In fact, this list worked just fine. As soon as somebody asked the
> question, we got an answer. The system worked.
>
> I merely observe that I didn't have to ask to get the answer on Facebook
> this time.
>
> Vigdis Gráfeldr wrote:
> >For what it's worth, I also was surprised that results did not appear on
> >this list quickly, but as a relative newcomer did not feel it was my place
> >to be the one announcing.
>
> The SCA is a co-op, and it only works because everyone jumps in and makes
> it work. Feel free to make any legitimate announcement here that you think
> should be made.
>
> The e-list is not official. It's for any chat, banter, discussion or
> announcement that any of us choose to start.
>
> Court is run by the Crown. The list is run by the populace.
>
> Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin

We must be born with an intuition of mortality…out we come blooded and
squalling with the knowledge that all the points of the compass there is
only one direction, and time is its measure.    Tom Stoppard