[Ansteorra] Siege Cooking Competition at Runs With Scissors/Plays With Fire

Pat Mullins paedrics at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 10 14:23:30 PST 2014

Siege Cooking Competition Rules

As cooking is one of the Arts of Fire that everyone can appreciate, a
Siege Cooking Competition will help our cooks to prepare for War. The
number of teams is limited to 4 teams, and all teams must register with
TH Lady Isabelot de Forens (mka Anna Lichorad) at isabelotdeforens AT
gmail.com or 979-229-7863 (no calls after 9 PM, please) by 12/31/2013.DEADLINE IS EXTENDED TO MONDAY, JANUARY 13, 2014!

Teams of consist of up to 3 people.

Each team will receive a basket containing:

1 grain/starch
1 spice
1 fresh herb
A combination of 3 vegetables/fruits

Your team should provide the protein.

You may also choose 5 items from any of the following categories:

Broth/stock
1 additional spice
1 additional fresh herb
1 thickening agent (flour, starch, eggs, bread crumbs)
1 flavoring liquor/liquid (alcohol, vinegar)
1 dairy (milk, cheese, yogurt, etc)
1 extract

You may bring your own period cookbook. Additional cookbooks will be available with your mystery basket.

Free items include: water, salt and pepper, cooking oil, sweetener (sugar, honey, etc.)

>From this create a dish or several dishes to feed 12 people (includes the judges) which will be served during the potluck.

Cooking will start at 1:45 PM; be prepared to serve the judges at 5:30ish followed by the potluck at 6 PM.

No electric cooking devices may be used. The site has several cook pits
 with an outdoor kitchen prep area. Be prepared to provide your own
source of fire (camp stoves, charcoal, wood, etc.) and your cooking
equipment.

Dishes will be judged based on the following:

Taste (10 points)
Documentation (5 points)
Presentation (5 points)
Creativity (5 points)
Bonus: Bardic story (5 points) - enlist the bards on site to tell your food's story

If you are interested, please contact HL Isabelot de Forens (mka Anna
Lichorad) isabelotdeforens AT gmail.com or 979-229-7863 (no calls after 9
 PM, please).