[Ansteorra] Crown Tourney Thank Yous

HerrDetlef herrdetlef at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 13:02:09 PST 2014

Oh my gosh! Crown Tourney was such a wonderful success, and it's all
because you guys came in and took part! Let me see if I can list some names.

First: Their Majesties. Thank you so much for the confidence you showed us
and the Barony of Raven's Fort.

His Grace Duke Ulsted. We can't really have a Crown Tourney without the
Kingdom Seneschal in attendance. Thank you for all your help.

Their Excellencies Raven's Fort. Thank you for your support, and a special
thank you to Her Excellency for coordinating the gate.

Lord Elrique de Netterville. YUM! You rock, man!

Lady Marie de Meaux. Thank you for organizing the list and keeping things
running smoothly.

Keridwen O'Comhraidhe. Thank you for setting up and manning the hospitality
and information tent.

His Excellency Master Modius von Mergentheim. We cannot imagine a great
march without you. Thank you for being so generous with your skill and
knowledge.

The Honorable Lord Brian O'hUilliam for coordinating field heraldry. We
kinda put you on the spot, and you answered the call with style and grace.
Thank you.

Herr Andreas von Meissen. Thank you for your help in heralding the field.

His Excellency Baron Brian du Val. The shield trees were fantastic. Thank
you for all the hard work you put in to them. We know you were not feeling
well, and we appreciate your help with setup and takedown.

Lady Seneca of Raven's Fort. Thank you for your help in set up and take
down as well, and thanks for helping us keep our t's dotted and our i's
crossed.

Donar, thank you for arranging our first site. I'm really sorry for the
chain of events that led to us having to get a different site, but I'm
grateful for your assistance, as well as your help in setting up and taking
down.

The folks at the H.E.A.R.T.S. Veterans Museum for your hospitality and for
the use of your grounds and hall!

Lady Mirabelis, Lady Cheer, Daire, Lady Gisele, Lady Caitilin, Her
Excellency Genevieve. Thank you all for staffing the gate. Awesome job!

Detlef would especially like to thank the Honorable Lord Devin Phelan
O'Donnabhain for being the fantabulous co-steward that you are. You did the
lion's share of the work, and you know it.

More Detlef (because it's actually me who's writing this): There are
several other people I wish to thank, but the list would last till the moon
goes blue from cold. The gate list is accurate. If you came to Crown, I
thank you. I was telling Devin that all the planning in the world doesn't
make an event. YOU make an event by participating. You all rock! Thank you
to all the Chivalry in attendance who marshaled the field, thank you to all
the heralds, water bearers, errand runners, chirugeons...wow. Thank you to
the fighters and consorts for giving Crown Tourney life.

I can hear the orchestra cueing up, and I don't think I've gotten anybody.
Devin, if you can think of any names to add, please do!

It is our immense pleasure to serve the Crown and Kingdom of Ansteorra.
Thank you all for this wonderful experience!

Finally, congratulations to Their Royal Highnesses the Crown Prince and
Crown Princess of Ansteorra (Sir Sven Randullsson and Lady Antigone of
York), to His Excellency Bjornsborg (Centurion Philippe Le Chanceux), who
now holds the King's Blade of Chivalry. Hats off to you all!

Yours in these Current Middle Ages,
HL Devin Phelan O'Donnabhain
HL Detlef von Marburg
Co-Stewards