[Ansteorra] Fwd: [ANSTHRLD] Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal Symposium

Sara Penrose via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue Jul 22 20:44:17 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richard Stewart of Saint Andrews <tressure at herald.ansteorra.org>
Date: Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 10:40 PM
Subject: [ANSTHRLD] Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal Symposium
To: heralds at lists.ansteorra.org, ansteorra at list.ansteorra.org

Greetings Good Gentles from Lord Richard Stewart of Saint Andrews, Event
Steward for the upcoming Ansteorran Heraldic and Scribal Symposium.

We invite all of you to join us for a day of classes in the various
Heraldic and Scribal Disciplines. Instructors will include Mistress Emma
Fetherstan, former Wreath Queen of Arms, Master Da'ud ibn Auda former
Laurel Sovereign at Arms and THL Andrewe Baldwyn, Laurel Elect.

We have a Tentative list of classes. With a firmed up list to be
distributed toward the beginning of next week.

The following list is tenative:

Principal Heralds Round Table- THL Andrewe Baldwyn, Laurel Elect

Introduction to OSCAR- THL Andrewe Baldwyn (30 minutes)

Heraldic Cadency- Viscount Galen of Bristol, KSCA, OP

The Westford Knight: Pre-Columbian Scottish involvement in the New World-
Master Da’ud ibn Auda

It was funny till we found it in real heraldry- Master Da’ud ibn Auda

Court Heraldry in Black and White- Sir Modius (90 minutes)

Court Reporting- Herr Detlef (30 minutes)

Achievement Registration for Heralds- Herr Detlef, Zodiacus Herald

Mock Decision Meeting- Lady Alisone, Bordure Herald

Commenting on ILOI- Lady Alisone, Bordure Herald

Silk Banner Painting- Baroness Rixende

Warranting class- Baron Tostig, Actuarius Pursuivant

List Heraldry- THL Ivo Blackhawk

Feast Heraldry Roundtable- THL Ivo Blackhawk

Site Heraldry- THL Ivo Blackhawk

Customer Service for Heralds- Lady Groa Ulfsdottir

Asian Names- Lord Magnus von Lubeck

Achievements of Arms: Historical and SCA practice, Lord Andreas

Protocol and Precedence, Master Robin of Gilwell

Protocol and Precedence in Period, Master Alexander Ravenscroft
Basis and Basics of Conflict checking armory, Mistress Emma Fetherstan
Armory Style and Design, Mistress Emma Fetherstan

We are still finalizing everything. The scribal track is the process of
being finalized as well. Please join us on 2 August in Ft Worth. Air
Conditioning will be provided!

Richard, Tressure

Sara Penrose
Star Principal Herald