[Ansteorra] The Skies Bring Warning!

Galen of Ockham, OP via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Oct 1 18:22:36 PDT 2014

Noble Citizens of the Stellar Kingdom of Ansteorra: I, Friar Galen of
Ockham, an Astronomus of no small repute, have been diligently studying
my astrolabe and celestial tables and do mightily tremble to bring you
grave news. On Wednesday next, being the VIII day before the Ides of
October, I predict the moon shall appear as blood in the IXth hour of
the night, at the Office of Lauds when all sleep but the cloistered
faithful whom the bells call to arise for Prayer for poor sinners. What
does this portend, you may ask? Indeed this is a grave sign and I do
fear for our Most Beloved Majesties. The Full Hunter's Moon should be a
joy and delight to all Men, allowing hunting of the Stag and Boar late
into the night to provide provender and skins for the cold, hungry days
to come. But upon that chill morn when Luna's countenance becomes pale
and appears as blood, those in High Estate must needs take heed! These
portents I have seen many times in my two score four and ten years, and
have never failed to see this Sign bring Woe to the inhabitants of our
Faire Land. Lo, I threaten not their most gracious Majesties, but rather
pray that they do extreme diligence in the days following this Sign lest
they be struck down in Their Prime - God forbid! And I ask that their
Highnesses do also gird themselves should they be called upon to sit the
Stellar Thrones unexpectedly. He who has ears let him hear! VIVAT REX!
VIVAT REGINA! VIVAT ANSTEORRA!

--
Magister Galenus Ockhamnesis xb
Friar Galen of Ockham, MC, OP