[Ansteorra] Blood Moon Wednesday

Galen of Ockham, OP via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue Oct 7 08:01:53 PDT 2014

My post last week on the ill omens for Their Majesties reign was based
on a lunar eclipse that will occur early tomorrow morning. The eclipse
technically starts at 3:45 am CDT, but you really won't be able to see
anything happening until 4:15. The Earth's shadow completely engulfs the
Moon at 5:25 giving it a dusky red appearance. Totality lasts until
6:24, and the Moon completely leaves the shadow at 7:34 am, pretty close
to sunrise. Eclipses were typically seen as an ill omen, though not as
much fuss came from a lunar eclipse as there was from a total solar
eclipse. (There will be a partial solar eclipse on the 23rd: more on
that as it draws closer)

I still fear for their Majesties' reign, as the signs do point to an end
to their time on the Stellar Thrones - especially the sign I see in the
Kingdom Calendar that says "Coronation, Oct 11"

http://www.skyandtelescope.com/astronomy-news/observing-news/total-lunar-eclipse-09262014/
--
Magister Galenus Ockhamnesis xb
Friar Galen of Ockham, MC, OP