[Ansteorra] Rapier Announcements.

Rapier Marshal via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Fri Oct 24 12:19:44 PDT 2014

Greetings unto Ansteorra!

A couple quick announcements regarding rapier in our fair Kingdom from the
new Kingdom Rapier Marshal.

First off, thank you to Her Excellency Amelot for her service as the
outgoing KRM.  You are, as always, a hard act to follow, dear lady.

Next, the position of Kingdom C&T Marshal is open.  Thank you to Don Mateo
for you work in this office.  Don Corvin is currently the acting Kingdom
C&T Marshal.  Those interested in the position, please send applications to
myself, the Crown, the Kingdom Earl Marshal, Kingdom Senechal, and the
acting C&T Marshal.  This announcement will be in the next Blackstar.

Also, as announced at Rapiers & Romance, we are moving to requiring padding
in helms for C&T.  1/2 minimum or a suspension system.  If you are fighting
in a mask, the padding in the mask will count, but whatever you are using
for the back of the head will need the padding.  A hood does not count as
sufficient.  If you have questions, see me, I will be at BG
Baronial,Queens, and BAM.  We will not enforce this change until January
1st, you have a bit over two months to get things modified.

Rapier Spears.  As of the announcement from the BOD, the rapier spears are
now legal for use.  However, no one is authorized to use them.  We are in
the process of writing up the Ansteorran version of the rules and what is
required to be authorized.  Currently, there is no process in place.  That
is being addressed, Don Orlando of Namron will be my Deputy in charge of
the Spear Program.  Thank you to him for working on this.  Until there is
an actual process in place, PLEASE...DO NOT USE THE NEW SPEARS.

In service to Kingdom and Crown,
Don Avery Shaw
Ansteorran Kingdom Rapier Marshal