[Ansteorra] [Lochac] Online course about medieval books

Stefan li Rous via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Jan 7 16:18:54 PST 2015

Wow. I learned a lot about grades of parchment and types of books just in listening to the first, short lecture. I knew that only certain grades of parchment were used in books, but I hadn’t realized that there were different grades of books in period, sort of like hardbound vs. paperbound books today.

I recommend this lecture series for those interested in medieval life and not just scribes.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris