[Ansteorra] SCA 50 Year: 6 Announcements!

Elena Wyth via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon Apr 4 12:54:09 PDT 2016

Below are a collection of announcements about the upcoming SCA 50th Year
event. Please see below regarding:

- SCA Story Corps (send them an SCA memory!)
- Ride/Camp Share
- List of merchants
- Teacher registration
- New Merchant coordinator
- Memorial project

In Service,
Lady Elena Wyth

--=========================
1 of 6

Smile, it's time for your close-up!

The Story Corps Dropbox is ready for your uploads!

You have up to 3 minutes to tell us about your favorite SCA memory! Or how
you found the Society, or what it means to you. Don't have 3 minutes of
video? Don't worry. Shorter is JUST fine. Better, in fact, because these
will play at the event, and be archived afterward, accessible via an online
video channel.

HInts and tips:

Sign the release, and please read the directions over before recording.

Use a horizontal (landscape) frame--not an up-and-down 'phone' shot. Turn
your phone sideways, please.

Be aware of background noise and lighting!

You must complete the Society-required release to publish and upload your
work.

Please understand that all videos MUST be accompanied by the release when
uploaded to the collection site. No release? We're sorry, but the video
will not be included in the collection.

Get the directions here: http://tinyurl.com/jf782ax

Download the release and instructions (PDF documents). The address to
upload your videos is at the VERY BOTTOM of the Story Corps Instruction
sheet.

Questions? Problems? Drop a PM on this page, with your email, and we'll
help you out.

=======================

2 of 6

Find a ride, see who's in single camping , AND make new friends: it's all
here at the brand new SCA 50 Year Ride Share & Single Camping page.

It's a safe place to make contacts and get to know folks. Find out more
here:

SCA 50 YEAR RIDESHARE AND SINGLE CAMPING
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1586003801720870/

Don't forget to ask to join the group!

============================

3 of 6

The following merchants will be participating at SCA 50 Year:

Renaissance Arts and Design
Drachenstein Treasures
Firedryk Steel
Palmyra Traders
The Treasury
Green Mountain Leathercraft
Dragon Scale Jewelry
Traders of Tamerlane
Viking Archery Supply
Gryphon Furniture
Hannish's Dreck
Elk Ridge Archery
Amicia's Amenities
Tomas the Lapidary's Jewlery
Four Seasons Tentmasters
The Basketman
Ash and Griffin Pottery
Egill's Woodstuffs
Hero's Haven
Jadi's Silk Road
Irontree Works
Badger Creek Studios
Good Girl Gone Bead
Another Time Jewelry
TLC Leathercraft
House of Avalon
Starlit Studio
Costume Ladies
The Haunted Bookshop
A's Round Pottery
Eriksen Exclusives
Livingston Jewelers
Wood and Antler
It is What it Is
Cloak and Dagger
North Star Armoury
The Amber Fox
Mostly Middle Eastern
Argent Fox
Bucky Stuffe
Violent Discord LLC
Snow Hawk Crafts
Blue Dragon Glass
Giggling Wenches Handcrafts
Historical Glassworks
By My Hand Designs
Calontir Trim
Jondalara's Designs
Fire Horse Pottery
Past Tyme Perfumerie
Raymonds Quiet Press
Munitions Grade Arms
Tea & Comfort
Ye Olde Soap Box
Known World Treasures
The Silk Shop
White Wolf & The Phoenix
Darkwood Armory
Celtic Wolf
Hammer, Forge & File
Master Ark's
Jacob Gansneder
Renboots
Board and Basket
Garb by Gwen
Auntie Arwen's Spices
Grey Goose Bows
Revival Leather
Crimson Chain Leather Works
Sartor
Ice Falcon Armory
Odyssey Coffee- Food Vendor
Gulf Wars Bakery
Glier Meats
Fudge Haven

========================

4 of 6

It's EASY to register to teach classes at SCA 50 Year. Just click on the
link below, and go!
The Google form for teachers:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MSXreQ_djhnXyyeKhpueReqFhDxCNavYL2cCUSCQw6c/viewform

Class sessions are still open...for more information, email the Class
Coordinator, Eva vanOldebroek, at SCA50Year.classes at gmail.com

=========================

5 of 6

We're pleased to welcome Chuck Jones (Egill's Woodstuffs) to SCA 50 Year
Staff as our new merchant coordinator. He's hit the ground running!

At the same time, we bid Kim Harvey (Kenna Harve) a farewell and wish her
the best of luck as she steps away to address some unforeseen circumstances.

6 of 6

Remembering those we have lost is an important part of SCA 50 Year: History
division. In the past 50 years, we've built a Society on the base our
founders and early members laid for us.

Remember those gentles who influenced you, those you remember fondly, and
those you miss with a Memorial Shield.

Click here to learn more:
http://www.sca50year.org/history.html
<http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sca50year.org%2Fhistory.html&h=PAQEevYovAQHlmdsGS-DIyl12Wme5Iq2mZ8qbOB4asN5JEg&enc=AZOa71nf9alTnlxOwjUeh6N7AgcrR4eTAgEkCblLvXzFbu2LP6wYD21iv2HfmdxQMlBz8E6_s3HTgp4ZojDDateH82hNOZTqpNkNeF68sCgmCOZVF2_5sb4LeLyNFoOWcobv0_ZpsPLphUfOhb9wiIQJmjx8KxILDZr5gvzFayRd6W_1VE-U-SGkxsIXd3Vw8Q9R7ci2VaWVvYUpkdNMBXDZ&s=1>