[Ansteorra] Letter from Star Principal Herald

Tomas Niallagain via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue May 3 09:37:58 PDT 2016

Linda,

I believe what Star was referring to was the email addresses the group
heralds use. For example Nautilus Persuivant, Barony of Elfsea's group
herald, should be using the email address "herald at elfsea.ansteorra.org" for
all official correspondence. Each group has a different email address on
the server already, they just need to use it.

These email accounts are gmail sub accounts so can be accessed the same way
any gmail account is. Each user will have there own preference, I set up
the accounts as an additional account in my mobile client so I can see all
incoming mail quickly, when I hold an office.

The Kingdom webminister can get the password for any officer that does not
know there's.

I hope this helps.

I remain,
Tomas
Salamander de Or Herald

You didn't put the email address on your message so people know where to go
to to change their address.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone--------
Original message --------From: Eirik Halfdanarson via Ansteorra <
ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> Date: 5/2/2016  9:09 AM  (GMT-06:00) To:
"Heralds List, Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <
heralds at lists.ansteorra.org>, ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org, "Scribes
within Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <scriptoris at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject:
[Ansteorra] Letter from Star Principal Herald
Greetings,

Known World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium was a wonderful time to meet old
friends, make new friends and learn new things. You may hear about the
Laurel office raising the fees that the Kingdoms pay for sending
submissions to Laurel. This is necessary to help pay for server space for
archival purposes and some other developing initiatives that require server
support. Things are developing at the Laurel office. Work continues on the
capability to submit online, electronic copies of all the submissions
files, and improvement of online commentary. At this time I am reviewing
the numbers, but do not have plans to change what is currently charged by
the Kingdom for submissions. I will make the final determination and will
announce it prior to the deadline for the fee change.

On a more serious note I announced after the January Round Table meeting
that all heralds need to switch to using the herald at yourgroup.ansteorra.org
email addresses for all official correspondence. While many have switched,
there are those who have not. If there are heralds who have not switched by
the July Round Table meetings, I will not be submitting their warrants for
renewal. Also, please make sure your information is up to date and sent to
your regionals prior to July 1, 2016 so that the most current information
appears on the warrant roster for Their Majesties signatures.

In service,

Eirik Halfdanarson
Star Principal Herald
Ansteorra