[Ansteorra] Letter from Star Principal Herald

Andreas von Meißen via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Tue May 3 09:52:29 PDT 2016

Sir Tomas is correct, but the correct person to contact about email access
problems is not the Kingdom Webminister but the Ansteorran Server Admin,
Mistress Emma de Fetherstan (serveradmin at ansteorra.org).

-- Andreas

On Tue, May 3, 2016 at 11:37 AM, Tomas Niallagain via Ansteorra <
ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> wrote:

> Linda,
>
> I believe what Star was referring to was the email addresses the group
> heralds use. For example Nautilus Persuivant, Barony of Elfsea's group
> herald, should be using the email address "herald at elfsea.ansteorra.org"
> for
> all official correspondence. Each group has a different email address on
> the server already, they just need to use it.
>
> These email accounts are gmail sub accounts so can be accessed the same way
> any gmail account is. Each user will have there own preference, I set up
> the accounts as an additional account in my mobile client so I can see all
> incoming mail quickly, when I hold an office.
>
> The Kingdom webminister can get the password for any officer that does not
> know there's.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> I remain,
> Tomas
> Salamander de Or Herald
>
> You didn't put the email address on your message so people know where to go
> to to change their address.
>
> Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S® 6, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone--------
> Original message --------From: Eirik Halfdanarson via Ansteorra <
> ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> Date: 5/2/2016  9:09 AM  (GMT-06:00) To:
> "Heralds List, Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <
> heralds at lists.ansteorra.org>, ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org, "Scribes
> within Ansteorra - SCA, Inc." <scriptoris at lists.ansteorra.org> Subject:
> [Ansteorra] Letter from Star Principal Herald
> Greetings,
>
> Known World Heraldic and Scribal Symposium was a wonderful time to meet old
> friends, make new friends and learn new things. You may hear about the
> Laurel office raising the fees that the Kingdoms pay for sending
> submissions to Laurel. This is necessary to help pay for server space for
> archival purposes and some other developing initiatives that require server
> support. Things are developing at the Laurel office. Work continues on the
> capability to submit online, electronic copies of all the submissions
> files, and improvement of online commentary. At this time I am reviewing
> the numbers, but do not have plans to change what is currently charged by
> the Kingdom for submissions. I will make the final determination and will
> announce it prior to the deadline for the fee change.
>
> On a more serious note I announced after the January Round Table meeting
> that all heralds need to switch to using the
> herald at yourgroup.ansteorra.org
> email addresses for all official correspondence. While many have switched,
> there are those who have not. If there are heralds who have not switched by
> the July Round Table meetings, I will not be submitting their warrants for
> renewal. Also, please make sure your information is up to date and sent to
> your regionals prior to July 1, 2016 so that the most current information
> appears on the warrant roster for Their Majesties signatures.

> [...]

Andrew R. Mizener / Don Andreas von Meißen
Rowel Pursuivant, Kingdom of Ansteorra
« Qui quærit, invenit »