[Ansteorra] Queen's Champion Thank You

K A via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed May 18 11:54:11 PDT 2016

I will warn everyone now, this is a long post.
I would like to thank Their Majesties forentrusting the Canton of Dragonsfire Tor with the opportunity to host Queen’sChampion. I would also like to thank Their Majesties for their faith in me asthe event steward.  Queen’s Champion wasa magnificent event and successful events are the result a great staff. We had agreat staff that deserves a big thank you for all of their hard work andplanning.
First, I would like to thank my co-eventsteward, Baroness Janie, for all of her help with this event and going all theback to my first event steward experience. That was the Yule that she mentoredme as her co-event steward. She was a huge help from pre-event work, tosetup/take down, and getting hydration table set up and going. I would like tothank Jaanika for working at the hydration table.
I would like to thank Countess Amelot and SirAlejandro for their help. Countess Amelot, our Royal Liaison, was instrumentalin helping coordinate the planning of the event. Sir Alejandro was not only asuperb Herald at the event, but was also our webminister and did a great job ofdesigning and updating our event page.
Lady Diana the Just was the Gate Coordinator.You and your gate staff did a fantastic job of signing in a lot of people atgate. Did I tell you they had a lot of people to sign in? They did itefficiently and smoothly. I would like to thank Lady Eleanor for collecting thecamping fees and for being our onsite person till the rest of us could getthere on Friday.
Lady Aoife, Lord Franklin, and Lady Astridr dida wonderful job of cooking breakfast for everyone. I would also like to thankLord Guyon Dupre, Master Caelin, Lady Aoife, Lady Kazuki Ume and Lord GallandonLong-Scar for their donations of food for the breakfast.
Lady Katheryn Margarete de Ryes (Cat), LordKazimierz Zlowieszczy (Dennis), and House Stone falcon did a fabulous jobpreparing the Sideboard Luncheon. The food was delicious and the buffet tableslooked great. Lady Cat, you surpassed yourself yet again.
Lady Silvana Corwin supervised theChildren’s Activities. Honorable Lady Zaahira de la Sara helped Lady Silvana with thechildren’s activities. They had a great turn out of children and the childrenlooked like they were truly enjoying the day. Great job ladies
Honorable Lady Desirée Dupre did a wonderfuljob of helping me with the snack table in the Rose’s Gallery.  Her little touches with the decorations madethe table look so elegant and she kept the trays filled with cookies all day. Iam sure the Rose’s enjoyed the refreshments.
Her Excellency Rhiannon Verch Bryan was ourlist mistress for the day. Her Excellency and the Ladies of the Coast (MaggieHallenberg, Jennifer A Halter, Colleen Stubbs, Kim Tucker, and Lessa) did atremendous job of keeping up with the list. Thank you ladies
What a great response of Rapier Fighters – 80fighters signed up for the list and enough youth fighters to have champions inboth older and younger youth.  This madefor a very full day of fighting. Master Avery Shaw, Dona Rixende de Rouen andall of your Field Marshals thank you for all your work on Rapier Field.
Speaking of the youth fighters in attendance, Iheard from Her Majesty of their fighting skill and courtesy. But, there is oneyoung man that I would like to offer a special thank you to. Connor thank youfor your help with set up, running errands during the day and with tear down onSunday.  All of this and he had cupcakesfor the adults on Saturday night. It was his 12th birthday.

Thank you Dragonsfire Tor Members for settingup the tables in preparation for the evenings Pot-luck Feast and I do meanfeast. I could not believe the response we had to the call for food. It was amagnificent spread of food. Thank you to everyone who brought food for the meal;it was delicious. As my grandmother used to say, if anyone went away hungry itwas their own fault.
Maestro Mateo, I am sorry that the BardicCircle got cut from the schedule. Thank you for offering to oversee the BardicCircle. I look forward to enjoying a Bardic Circle with you and the other Bardsof Ansteorra in the future.

I would like to thank everyone for beingpatient with me through my first time to organize pavilions around a listfield. Thank you for your patience and the lessons I learned.
Thank you to the Rapier Fighters who stoppedwhat they were doing to help move or carry things. All I had to do was say Ineeded some help and it was taken care of.
I would like to thank everyone who helped withsetting up and taking down equipment for the event. You cannot imagine how muchI appreciate all of you. Baron William, Baroness Cassandra, Paul, BaronessJanie, Eoghan mac Cinatha (Scotty), Franklin, Diana, Mark Merrill, Gallandon,Connor, Desirée, Guyon, Baltasar, and Remington
It truly did take many hands to run this eventand I am sure I have forgotten to mention someone who helped. Please accept myapology if I have failed to thank you.
Aaliz du LacQueen's Champion Event Steward