[Ansteorra] SCA 50th Year: 6 announcements

Elena Wyth via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon May 23 12:44:05 PDT 2016

Hello All, Please see the below announcements regarding the upcoming
activities at SCA 50th Year, including: the History Hall, Those We Have
Lost display, Day of Deeds tourney, St Jude's tourney, Evolution of Armor
Display, and "best in Brew" Reinheitsgebot Brewing Competition.

In Service,
Lady Elena Wyth

============================
Beginning immediately after SCA 50 Year Opening Ceremonies, the History
Hall will be open and ready for you to explore! Each participating kingdom
hosts a booth, and there you'll find the traditions that make us
different...and bind us together.

See how each kingdom grew, and experience their individual histories
through artifacts, and multi-media presentations.

Featured daily are overarching themes too:

Sunday, June 19: Those We Have Lost
Monday, June 20: Our Beginnings
Tuesday, June 21: The Great Wars and Interkingdom Events
Wednesday, June 22: Royalty & Regalia
Thursday, June 23: Non-Kingdom Groups
Friday, June 24: The Peerages
Saturday, June 25: Where We Are Going
============================

An in depth look at "Those We Have Lost" (History Hall, June 19)

Coordinated by Genevieve de Vaucresson, this display is a single-day 'in
memoriam" exhibit to remember those who may be gone now, but helped us when
we were new.

The table displays will open with the Hall after Opening Ceremonies, and be
up the entire day.

If you are planning to bring a table display to honor someone, please
e-mail Genevieve at (a newly updated!) address:

karidazahava<at>gmail<dot>com

with the name of the person you are honoring in the subject line. In the
body of the email, note that you wish to participate in the single day "in
memoriam" activity in the history hall. Registrants are limited to tabletop
items only, and will receive specifics after contacting Genevieve. Please
register a memorial for this one-day display no later than *May 31*.

(This is not the Memorial Shield Wall project. This is ONLY for the one-day
in memoriam displays on Sunday in the History Hall. The registrations *do
not* duplicate, so please be sure to register your in memoriam single day
display with Genevieve.
============================

Duke Dag of the Midrealm calls all armored combatants from all kingdoms to
hear his challenge for the 50 Year Day of Deeds on Wednesday, June 22:

 "These are the tokens that I will be giving out for my Annual Birthday
Challenge at the 50 year Celebration. On Wednesday, the Day of Deeds I will
hold the field against any fighter born since the day of my knighting (
Feb. 10, 1986) for three passes with weapon and shield. All those who
accept my challenge will receive a copper token, all those who best me
twice shall receive a token in sterling silver. These were hand-struck by
my good friend Jean Pepin"

Find out more about the Day of Deeds schedule here:
http://www.sca50year.org/heavy.html

June 24. Details here--there are ways for the crowd to participate as well!

http://www.sca50year.org/mardescrip.html#St_Jude
============================
We know there are people out there that have some cool armor left from the
good ole days of the SCA!

Do you have the sword that won an early crown tourney?
Do you have the first Fighter's Handbook?
How about a complete set of the Hammer magazines? (Nope - not the four
volume set?)
How about an old Freon helm? Maybe it was word by a king from your kingdom?
Do you have anything with cool history or provenance?

We are looking for you to help us fill the (soon to be ) awesome Evolution
of Armor display at 50th Year! If you have any early Armor or Weapons that
you would like to display please contact us at: armordisplay50year at gmail.com
or our facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/50YearArmorDisplay/
============================
At the SCA 50th Year Celebration we will be celebrating the 600th
anniversary of the Reinheitsgrebot at the Gold'N Gryphon Tavern on
Wednesday the 22nd.

Sometimes referred to as the Beer Purity Law, the Reinheitsgebot declared
that the ONLY ingredients that could be used in the production of beer were
water, barley and hops.

There will be a "best in Brew" Reinheitsgebot competition from 5:30pm-6:30pm.
Once the Tavern opens to the public we will be sharing the competition
brews and have special award winning ribbons for the winning beers.

We will also be highlighting any German themed beers, ciders, wines, and
liquors that we received for donations.

For more information, check out the Gold'N Gryphon Tavern sidebar at
http://www.sca50year.org/special.html