[Ansteorra] SCA 50th Year: Land Assignments, Firewood, Memorial Shield Wall, Midsummer Night's Dream, Gold'N Grypohon Tavern

Elena Wyth via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed May 25 06:59:43 PDT 2016

Greetings All! Please see the below announcements regarding SCA 50th Year:
Land assignments, Firewood delivery, the Memorial Shield Wall, information
regarding participating in Midsummer Night's Dream, and a request from the
Gold'N Gryphon Tavern regarding donations and brewing competitions.

In Service,
Lady Elena Wyth

============================
SCA50Year Land here.

I am working on getting e-mails to all of the land agents with placement
and information, etc.
It will take me a few days to get to everyone, please bear with me, I
promise I will get to you.

While I am working on this, I will not be as responsive as I would like to
be, please give me some leeway and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

If you have not heard back from me by the middle of next week (that's
around May 30th/ June 1st), then yes, please ping me, I am human and
getting a lot of requests for information right now (understandably so 😊 )

I look forward to seeing everyone there.

============================
Need lots of firewood on-site at SCA 50 Year? No problem.

Seasoned firewood will be available for delivery to your campsite at a rate
of 80.00 per 1 yard bag. All orders must be place with the Clerk via email
no later than 6/7 – email – clerk at sca50year.org.

Please note that not all camping site allow in dug fire pits and that a
majority of the camping locations fires must be above ground.

**Your land assignment will advise if digging in your area is allowed.**

We expect land assignments to be set in the next 3 to 5 days. Please watch
your emails so you may be prepared.
============================
Good lords and ladies:

We're still collecting submissions for the SCA Memorial Shieldwall display
for the SCA 50th Anniversary event.

With just *5 days* remaining for submissions, there's not much time left.

Please turn in your submissions by May 31 to:

http://sca50memorial.org/

Our goal is to get shields finished shields created by the time the event
starts. Right now, time isn't on our side.

PLEASE REMEMBER:  THIS IS A VERY VISUAL DISPLAY. IF YOU DO NOT SEND US AN
IMAGE OF THE PERSON OR THEIR DEVICE (OR PLAN ON BRINGING SOMETHING TO THE
EVENT), WE CANNOT INCLUDE YOUR SUBMSISION IN THE DISPLAY.

WE WILL HAVE A LIST OF ALL SUBMISSIONS BUT SUBMISSIONS WITHOUT PHOTOS OR
DEVICES WON’T BE HIGHLIGHTED.

[There is a second, separate part of the Memorializing of those no longer
with us. On Sunday, June 19, there will be display tables for “Those we
have lost”. Anyone with personal items, photos, shadow boxes, etc for the
single-day display should get in touch with Mistress Genevieve de Vaucresson
karidazahava at gmail.com immediately (deadline also May 31) There will be 20
6-ft tables to use, so a size limit for displays of a square foot maximum
is recommended.]
============================

And Performing Arts announces some big midsummer fun at SCA 50 Year!

Monday, June 20th is the Summer Solstice.
There will be an English-themed Celebration that night WITH...performances
of scenes from Shakespeare’s own Midsummer Night’s Dream!

Participate in actual performances of Midsummer on the actual Midsummer,
please feel free to volunteer now! (Or mark your calendars to come watch!)

If interested in performing, please contact Lady Edekyn O Fierhie at
spunkyoyster AT gmail DOT com, or PM via Facebook.
============================

An update from the Gold'NGryohon, the on-site tavern at SCA 50 Year:

As part of the Homebrew Donations for the Gold'N Gryphon Tavern we are
asking all donators to also give us a plaque with the donation's
information on it.

This allows the Tavern to easily show what is currently on tap as well as
any ingredients for allergy concerns.

Most importantly, it will also give proper credit to all the brewers who
have donated to the tavern.

For those who win any of the brewing competitions AND donate their brews to
the tavern, their plaques will sport an "award winning" ribbon for the
remainder of the event.

All information on how to donate is online on the Gold'N Gryphon Tavern
sidebar at

http://www.sca50year.org/special.html

If you would like to build and decorate your plaque beforehand, dimensions
and information is available at

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8FhK8rEDxERT3dRV2hQOEZ6ck0/view?usp=sharing

There will be a limited amount of plaques available on site from the tavern
staff.