[Ansteorra] Question of the day

longstrideofgraywood via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Wed Nov 16 09:12:03 PST 2016

Ainar, i have been, since 1984 a Radio Controlled Car Racer. Sadly my health became a serious question 2 years ago when I was diagnosed with Leukemia. With this new malady and advancing age, I was no longer able to race at the level I was accustomed to. After some time I had reason to believe that my Leukemia wouldn't be as much of a hurdle as we originally thought and I began to look for a lifelong adventure that could change with my health outlook. I wanted something that I could do with my wife and she could be involved at whatever level she chose, given her age and health.  Cowboy shooting is prohibitively expensive, 1st, 2nd and Civil War reenacting had several issues that prevented the kind of involvement we wanted. The SCA was able to check all the boxes we needed, and do so with gusto. After a couple of weeks we decided this would be the right coarse, and we have loves every minute of it. we are extremely enthusiastic about our present and future.

Lord Walter Thomas Longstride
-------- Original message --------From: Rick Drake via Ansteorra <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org> Date: 11/16/16  08:26  (GMT-06:00) To: ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org Subject: [Ansteorra] Question of the day
Good morning Ansteorra. I have been assigned a task that will lead to some
pretty cool stuff coming up in the future. To complete that task I need
assistance from each of you out there. We are trying to do some research to
determine the answer to the following. What need in your life does the SCA
fulfill. All of us participate for various reasons, we are trying to figure
out what those reasons are. Is it friendship? Scholarship? Exercise?
Adventure? Please reply, if you don't want to do so here shoot me a PM. But
what is it about the SCA that fills that special spot in your existence?

Ainar Magnusson