[Ansteorra] Bryn Gwlad Fall Baronial is HERE! (Long, but please read through)

Helene Dalassene via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Fri Sep 30 09:01:06 PDT 2016

Good morning!

I want to take a moment to make sure folks know some really important
information about the site as we head into our first evening of what will
be an AMAZING EVENT! Please accept my apologies if you see this more than
once.

First, welcome. We are thrilled to have your join us and we hope you enjoy
the fighting, dancing and classes everyone has worked hard on!

Second, we realize that Bryn Gwlad's Championship Tourney format may be
slightly confusing to some who have not particpated in it before, so here
are the basics:

The contenders in the actual Championship Tourney, held on SUNDAY, are
granted entry via token.

The winner of the Friday 2-handed Tourney and Saturday armored Tourney run
by His Grace, Duke Kein, and the winner of the Friday Cut & Thrust Tourney
and Saturday rapier Tourney, run by Lady Millicent Rowan, will each be
awarded an entry token to the Championship Tourney.

The other entry tokens to the Championship Tourney are held by Their
Excellencies Bryn Gwlad, who will each choose an entry into the chivalric
and rapier championships; Their Royal Majesties, who will each choose an
entry into the chivalric and rapier championships; and Their Royal
Highness, who will together choose an entry into the chivalric and rapier
championships; and Bryn Gwlad's current martial champions, who will each
choose an entrant into their respective fields.

There are 16 tokens in total, eight per martial field.

If you win or are awarded a token, but do not feel you will be able perform
the duties of a champion of Bryn Gwlad, please, ask to either pass the
token to someone you find worthy, or request the holder do so. We ask you,
most humbly, to not accept a token if you do not plan to fight on Sunday.

There are some rules about site that you need to know!

-No pets allowed on site. Due to safety concerns with the site’s livestock and
wildlife, this rule will be strictly enforced. If you do bring a service
animal, please don't use the longhorns or other stock to help teach your
service animal. It's a great opportunity, but the longhorns aren't trained
at all and we can't promise how they'll react.

-Fires are permitted in pits/grills. No digging ground fires. Please use proper
safety precautions.

-Site is discreetly wet in period containers only.

-No vehicles allowed in the main square (lyst fields/hall/activities
area) during
business hours. If you do come on site after business hours, be courteous
of other who need to unload and move your vehicle from the square promptly.

Day and overnight parking is adjacent to camping area. Be prepared to carry or
cart your belongings from parking into the main event area.

- All pavilions inside the main square must be period looking, No
modern-looking pop-up/ez-ups.

Want to put a pavilion around the lyst field?  Contact HL Gavin to reserve your
pavilion space.

***Due to limited space, priority will be given to Baronies, Shires,
households,
and then personal pavilions in that order. Bryn Gwlad will be hosting a
populace pavilion***

You will be able to drive into the square *after 5:30pm or before 9:00am* to
drop and pick up pavilions, there is no vehicle traffic allowed during business
hours.

The farm is open to the public during their regular business hours, 10a-5p.

They are allowed to view, but not participate in SCA event activities. If they
decide to stay and participate, please direct them to gate. We encourage
you to engage, interact, and explain who we are & what we are doing with
public visitors. Remember, we are all hospitalers. With this in mind,
please be watchful of each others' items and take the time to check in with
folks in and around pavilions. It's a great way to meet new friends!

*Camping*

A large primitive camping space with porta-castles is available. All types of
tents welcome. No electric or water sources available in the camping area.
No showers on site. You are responsible for your own trash. There is a
dumpster in the main parking lot for your use. Be aware of wildlife:
coyotes, bobcats, and raccoons have been sighted on site recently. Access to
the camping area is available 24 hours, Friday-Sunday.

See website for event schedules and details.

http://bryn-gwlad.ansteorra.org/baronial2016.php

--
In service to Country and Crown I remain,
Helene Dalassene