[Ansteorra] Largess Derby at Crown Tournament

Julia Holman via Ansteorra ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org
Mon Jun 19 10:16:41 PDT 2017

Greetings Ansteorra!

I will be hosting a largess derby at the upcoming Crown Tournament which
takes place July 8th at the Abilene Convention Center.

If you wish to enter the largess derby, please make thirteen of any item to
be donated as largess (13 pieces of trim, 13 hats, 13 toys, 13 pairs of
socks, etc). The winner will be selected by populace vote and will receive
one piece from all of the entries. The remaining largess items will be
split between Their Majesties and Their newly-determined Highnesses.

ANOTHER WAY TO WIN: Their Majesties and Their Highnesses can really use
smaller, token-style items that are identical (or very similar) in large
quantities (pins, small cast items, pendants, rings, embroidered bookmarks,
etc.). Any entry that includes at least 37 (1 for the prize basket and 3
dozen for TM’s or TH’s) identical (or very similar) token-style items will
be entered to win a garden-flag sized silk banner with your choice of
design (your arms, your household’s arms, kingdom or baronial populace
badge, etc.). If there are a lot of entries in this category, I will select
multiple winners.

Please label your items with your name, barony or local group, and any
potential allergens (especially if it is food or body products such as
lotions or salts).

Need inspiration? Check out the “Largess Makers” Facebook page or searching
for SCA Largess on Pinterest or Google brings up lots of fun ideas. Too
much inspiration? Multiple entries are welcome!

You can bring your largess items to Crown Tournament (or send them with
someone if you aren't able to make it). They will be displayed and the
populace will vote at the event. Drop off times and voting end times are
still to be determined, but drop off will be in the morning with voting
throughout the day.

I am looking forward to seeing the fun things people put together!

Please let me know if you have any questions on the derby or largess in
general! I am happy to answer any questions you may have regarding largess
or coordinating delivery of items to either of them. You can contact me on
Facebook or by email at julia.holman at gmail.com.

YIS,
Lady Uliana (mka Julia Haiduk)