[Ansteorra] Crown format

King of Ansteorra king at crown.ansteorra.org
Wed Apr 18 21:08:31 PDT 2018

 Greetings Ansteorra.

Crown Tournament is fast approaching and I bring you the format.

All rounds will be best 2 of 3 combat and single elimination, the only
exception being if a round robin is needed to decide who goes to the
finals. In that case, the 3 fighters will take the field with the two
lowest precedence fighting first. Single
point bouts will be fought. Looser keeps the field. The first fighter to
lose twice is out of the tournament.

Weapon styles and rounds are as follows.

Round 1 will be challenge up and bring your best format.

Round 2 will be challenge down. The weapon style will be chosen out of 3
possible styles after the challenges are made. Styles include single sword
( 1 hand sword under 42 inches), 6 foot spear (with single thrusting end
and no slash, and glaive (6 ft-7ft 6in w/slash and both thrusting tips are
allowed)

Round 3 will be random pairings. The weapon style will be one of the two
styles not chosen in round two.

Round 4 through the finals will be bring your best.

Thank you all for taking the time to read this and I look forward to seeing
you at crown. If there are any questions please contact me directly.

Jason Rex
Ansteorra