[Ansteorra] Our website

Chris Zakes dontivar at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 19:03:43 PST 2018

So I took a good look at the Ansteorra.org website yesterday, and I must
say, I'm kind of disappointed.

If Joe Newbie was looking at the website, he'd have pretty much no idea
that rapier combat was even a possibility in Ansteorra. Yes, the "we fight"
section mentions Masters of Defense, but gives no indication of how they
might differ from Knights or Masters of Arms. And yes, it mentions "King's
Musketeers" (which are kind of post-period) but it says they fight
alongside Burgundian mercenaries, Viking warriors, Anglo-Saxon thegns and
Norman conquerors. Since when do rapier fighters fight on the same field
and at the same time as the armored folks? As far as *I* know that's
strictly forbidden by SCA rules.

Can this be re-worked to give a better overview of our Kingdom? I'd be
willing to help on such a project.

-Tivar Moondragon