[Ansteorra] Our website

Josh Handel jhandel at ourtreehouse.org
Sun Feb 18 20:19:09 PST 2018

Replied to privately

Martin Malone
Kingdom Webminister.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ansteorra [mailto:ansteorra-bounces+jhandel=ourtreehouse.org at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of Chris Zakes via Ansteorra
Sent: Sunday, February 18, 2018 9:04 PM
To: Kingdom of Ansteorra - SCA, Inc. <ansteorra at lists.ansteorra.org>
Cc: Chris Zakes <dontivar at gmail.com>
Subject: [Ansteorra] Our website

So I took a good look at the Ansteorra.org website yesterday, and I must say, I'm kind of disappointed.

If Joe Newbie was looking at the website, he'd have pretty much no idea that rapier combat was even a possibility in Ansteorra. Yes, the "we fight"
section mentions Masters of Defense, but gives no indication of how they might differ from Knights or Masters of Arms. And yes, it mentions "King's Musketeers" (which are kind of post-period) but it says they fight alongside Burgundian mercenaries, Viking warriors, Anglo-Saxon thegns and Norman conquerors. Since when do rapier fighters fight on the same field and at the same time as the armored folks? As far as *I* know that's strictly forbidden by SCA rules.

Can this be re-worked to give a better overview of our Kingdom? I'd be willing to help on such a project.

-Tivar Moondragon