[Ansteorra] Open Minister of Children Positons

Minister of Children moc at seneschal.ansteorra.org
Mon Jan 22 07:29:28 PST 2018

Greetings Ansteorra!

I have had a wonderful experience at being the Kingdom Minister of Children
however, sadly, the time has come for me to step down. My step down will
take place at 2018's Summer Round Table.  As such, my office is officially
open for applications. If you are interested, have questions, or concerns,
please feel free to contact me at moc at seneschal.ansteorra.org.

We currently have TWO vacant positions as well. The Central and Southern
Regional MOC positions are still accepting applications. These positions
are more administrative in nature and help to ensure the smooth running of
the kingdom in regards to our children. This is an excellent way to provide
service to the Kingdom and to help better it.

Currently, our Southern Region (except for the Barony of Raven's Fort, you
guys rock!), is lacking in official Ministers of Children.  Even if your
group does not currently have young children, or any children for that
matter, having an official Minister of Children is integral to recruitment
and retention of members. There are many At-Large MOCs in the south, which
certainly helps, but it is best for each group to have their own official
MOC.  When a newcomer arrives and has children this gives them an avenue to
speak to someone regarding the family and child aspect of the SCA aside
from the hospitaler.  This also makes new comers feel that their whole
family is valued.  Often times having an official MOC and children's
activities at events also means more money will be coming into your group
as more people are likely to attend if there is something for their
children to do. I have heard it more than once in my tenure as a Minister
of Children that many parents only come to events because there are
children's activities available.  Please, if you know of someone that would
be a good fit for this position have them apply. Please also keep in mind
being a Minister of Children is NOT a babysitting position. No matter what,
at any event, the legal guardians of a child are ultimately responsible for
that child.

Respectfully,
Lady Silvana Corwin
Kingdom Minister of Children, Ansteorra