[Ansteorra] UPDATE - Covid Vaccination/Testing Policy

Kingdom Seneschal kingdom at seneschal.ansteorra.org
Thu Oct 14 06:31:49 PDT 2021

Greetings Ansteorra,

In light of the new Executive Order from Governor Abbott's Office (GA-40),
we, unfortunately, are unable to implement the new Covid
vaccination/negative testing policy in the state of Texas.  Unlike the
previous order and statute, this law clearly applies to the SCA and it is
too great of a risk for the SCA to attempt to enact this policy in Texas.

Concerning our Ansteorrans in the state of Oklahoma, We see nothing legally
preventing us from implementing this policy for activities held within
Oklahoma.  However, the Crown and Kingdom Seneschal are all residents of
Texas.  As such, we believe it is improper to place a restriction such as
this on a portion of our Kingdom when it would not apply to our area unless
we receive direct input from the impacted populace.  As such, there is a
survey for gauging opinions from our Ansteorrans in Oklahoma.  (
https://forms.gle/UdTK5qoPPHpiyZB89)  This survey will be open until 5 pm
on October 17, 2021.

Concerning other Covid restrictions, We are thrilled to see infection rates
continue to drop.  As such, we are happy to announce that as of October 14,
2021, indoor events may occur regardless of attendance, but all those aged
3 and older in attendance must be properly masked except while eating and
drinking.  Eating and drinking must be done while stationary and should be
done while socially distanced.

Also as of October 14, 2021, masks are no longer required at outdoor
events.  Everyone is encouraged to mask if they wish and personal space
must be respected.  Additionally, private encampments may set stricter
rules for within their encampments if they so choose.

As always, we are a society founded upon the ideals of honor and courtesy.
Let us treat each other according to these principles.  That is what heroes
do.

As a reminder, Ansteorra is NOT implementing the Covid vaccination/negative
testing policy at this time.

--
In Service,
Brian O'hUilliam, OL, OP, CB, WSA