ARCH - An Ideal (was: Greater Unity)

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Wed Apr 5 17:36:00 PDT 2000

>>On the other hand, it's a _very_ short list of active people whose
>>contributions
>>in the field of archery matches yours, as I'm sure you'll agree.  Imagine
>>for a
>>moment that we did create some "Award of the Sable Fletch" or somesuch,
>>and give it to you.  Is your achievement the standard?

Sounds like when rapier fighting started? How great were the numbers that
could match Don Tivar when the White Scarf was created? Must archery have a
waiting list for a grant award befor one is created? Why can't the award be
created with two three or four awards given as the principle and build from
there? How meany were capable of being Knight when the first Knight was created?

>Oh my god!  I hope not!!  I would hope that the standard be based on what
>that person is capable of doing relavant to the factors in their life.  In
>my case  what  I've done might be judged to be my standard.  Some one once
>told me, "Every one can't be a Gilli all the time."  Guess what folks?
>Neither can Gilli!!!  When I think I've done all I can, I always come up
>with something  else (which just scares the Hell out of Darcy!!).  The day I
>can't think of something else I can do or sponsor for archery, then I'll
>have met "my" standard.

Plachoya Sobaka a humble archer in Ravens Fort, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Southern Reagional Archery Marshal