ARCH - achery marshalling

Duke, Wes WDuke at healthaxis.com
Thu Jul 6 08:39:12 PDT 2000

You got it right Pug.

Ld Fearghus MacKenna
Kingdom Archery Marshal Ansteorra

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Pug Bainter [SMTP:pug at pug.net]
	Sent:	Thursday, July 06, 2000 10:07 AM
	To:	ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org
	Subject:	Re: ARCH - achery marshalling

	Earl Albrecht (ealbrecht at nitekmcallen.com) said something that
sounded like:
	>     I have a question I need answered.  I am in the process of
getting
	> made an archery marshal, but have just found out our shire already
	> has one. However, the next shire over (2 hours away) doesn't have
one.
	> Is there a problem either (a) having more than one marshal in a
shire

	Not usually, but that is up to the Kingdom/Regional Archery Marshal.

	> (b) being a marshal for a shire that someone is not directly part
of?

	This is generally not allowed. To be an officer of a group you have
	be part of that group or directly attached to a boundry of that
group.

	> Also, I have heard something about different types of archery
marshals,
	> 'warranted' or something like that.  What is the difference?

	There are several:

	1) Combat Archery Marshal (At large)
	2) Target Archery Marshal (At large)
	3) Group Archery Marshal (Usually expected to be #1 and #2)

	All Archery Marshal's have to be warranted (ie. officially
recognized by
	Kingdom/Corporate and paid member) to be in charge of things. If you
are
	not warranted you can't run a line nor officially inspect equipment,
not
	to mention that the corporation may not cover incidents that may
occur
	with their insurance. (eg. you can be personally held accountable)

	Any Marshal that is in charge of an event/line or witnesses an
	"incident" needs to file a report with the Regional. If they are not
	Group Archery Marshal, they will need to send a copy to the local
group
	as well.

	Btw, I may be wrong with some of this, but I'm sure someone will
correct
	me right away. *grin*

	Ciao,

	--
	Phelim "Pug" Gervase   | "I want to be called. COTTONTIPS. There is
something