ARCH - Another name

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Fri Jul 7 14:24:41 PDT 2000

Does the system in place by the Dons and Peers  restrick who can teach?  Of
course not.  Nor should ours.

I'm not suggesting folks who want to teach can't do so.  If you have
something to pass on, please do so.  What I'm suggesting is that only a
particular group of folks may call their "students" "Bowman".

Just like if I took on someone to teach how to fight,  I couldn't call them
a Squire.  I'm not a knight.  If I took on someone to teach leather work, I
couldn't call them an Apprentise.  I'm not a Laurel.  And if I were to teach
someone how to work hard and get things done, I couldn't call  them a
Protegee.  I'm not a Pelican.  And the same thing is true with Cadet and
Don.