ARCH - future student

Eadric Anstapa smills at barley.scabrewer.com
Fri Jul 7 15:09:00 PDT 2000

For her first time with a bow Mikaela actually did quite
well this past Tuesday.  Unfortunately we where not at
all prepared for the large number of people that would
show up wanting to shoot at the party.  We had figured it
would probably just be Talmon, Iaen, and myself.

There were a bunch of newcomers and unfortunately we
didn't have enough arm guards to go around and while
shooting Mikaela got a nice hard slap and a fairly nasty
looking bruise had developed by the end of the day.
Still she persists, wants to continue, and is eager for
combat.  I hope the people of Trimaris can handle her.
(no I don't).

For those of you who did not join us, there was lots of
food and good fellowship.  Archery until the rain ran us
off the field, equestrian, singing, rapier, and chivalric
combat in the lighted outdoor dressage arena (when I left
around 11PM Mikaela was putting on armor), fireworks, and
more.

The only downside of the day was that the lower 30# limb
on my Hoyt Polaris delaminated on me.  Does anyone know
where there are some extra polaris limbs?

Mikaela, hopefully we will see you tomorrow at practice.

Regards,

Eadric

Sherilyn S <bubblessalas at hotmail.com> said:

> I am new to archery (as well as the SCA) and just had
my first lesson at
> Camelot this fourth. I am interested in all kinds of
things.  Mainly not
> just target but combat.  I don't want full on chivalric
just yet but who
> knows.  I want someone who can teach me archery as well
as about the
> society.  I also need someone who will be patient as I
am not always myself.
>   I live in Westgate, far south side of Houston.  I
have been talking with
> Bowen and a few others but I would like to be taken as
a student so it would
> be one person to bond with and not be befuddled and
confuesed with everyone
> and their two cents.  I don't mind suggestions but I'm
sure you understand
> about the being taught 50millions diff ways all at
once.  Heck I'm not even