ARCH - combat archery tourney was ' Champions History'

Melanie Black thanatos at cityscope.net
Thu Jul 20 14:39:19 PDT 2000

I think the idea behind the "no missile weapons in a list" rule is to keep
someone from winning crown tournament armed with a handful of shurikens or
something   Just thing how easy it would be.. just walk up and throw a
handful at someone's face.. ONE is sure to hit. Takes the challenge out of
it.
And also in tournaments there is the danger of a spectator being bonked with
an errant throwing axe or something. AT the melee's I have went to that used
archery and such, they had screened pavilions near the list field or the
people had to stay WAY back. My Ex- about got ker-bonked by an arrow at
north sea raids while trying to take a picture of the battle from outside
the barriers.

Melanie