ARCH - Champions History

Earl Albrecht ealbrecht at nitekmcallen.com
Fri Jul 21 06:07:09 PDT 2000

Still I think that
> with so great an honor their should be some responsibility. People should
> consider "What if I win?"  "What are my duties and how will I fulfill
them?"
> BEFORE they shoot in the competition.  I think the Royal Huntsman can do a
> lot for the archery community if they will.
>
> These are ofcourse just my personal opinions and since I am not a good
> enough shot to win anytime soon it is particularly easy for me to spout
off.

> Regards,
>
> Eadric

I agree.  I think it only fair that ALL aspects of our game
(heavy and light fighting, archery, A/S, and any other organized guild)
should be equally represented at the kingdom level/given the chance to
compete for a 'Royal'
position, just the Crown.  I know that fighting is what interests and
attracts people the most, but medieval life was as varied and interesting as
our modern life now.

In troth,

Erik the Black
(Earl Albrecht)
Legio Australis
Archery Marshal, La Marche Sauvage
Kingdom of Ansteorra

"The Norse ideal was a man of open, generous disposition, a man imbued with
qualities of compassion and kindness, not ruthless but firm and fair,
even-tempered but capable of passion, physically accomplished and strong in
a fight, but not a bully."

Magnus Magnusson