ARCH - new arrows

Melanie Black thanatos at cityscope.net
Fri Jul 21 16:32:17 PDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: Eadric Anstapa <smills at barley.scabrewer.com>
To: <ansteorra-archery at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 2:40 PM
Subject: Re: ARCH - new arrows

> Academy actually has some OK arrows in stock right now.  They are carrying
> what they are calling "Deluxe Cedar Arrows" or "Deluxe Traditional Arrows"
> for $2.29 that are actually pretty nice arrows for the price.
> They are 28" arrows with good field points installed, 4" shield cut real
> feather fletching, sore stores have shafts stained a light walnut color,
> others just have sealed shafts, some have index nocks and some don't, the
> stores here have them spined for up to a 60# bow.  We bought 2 nicely
matched
> dozen as loaner arrows for the Canton.

Those are the ones that I bought. I peeled the UPC stickers off the shafts,
not i have to get that sticking gunk off of them.

> It is hard to go wrong for under $30 dozen tax included.  The tips are
> probably hot-glued glued on as Lord Uther up in Greywood did have 5 out of
6
> tips come off these arrows in his foam target last weekend with this heat.
> You might wan't to pickup some good glue and an extra dozen field tips
just
> in case.  If you are coming up and shooting with us in Gate's Edge Iaen
and I
> might likely have field tips on hand and you could buy one or two off us
> make repairs as needed.

That sounds good to me. I have some 5 minute epoxy glue left over in my
knifemaking stuff That I will throw in my archery kit.

I certainly intend to be at the practice onthe 19th.

See you there.

Lady Melanie de la Croix