ARCH - Archery question

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Tue Jun 6 18:21:53 PDT 2000

This is sort of a reply to all prior post
Plachoya on bitch box.
We are rude, I can be rude show up an 1 1/2 hours after the list was
announced to be closed and expet to shot for champion and I will tell you NO
you may not shoot for champion. I take being archery chamion VERY serious
and if you want to be champion the least you can do is show up be for the
list closed. I have told persons that they could not shoot twice now and
would have one other time, but I was not running the range.
There are fewer people shooting scores (IKAC IKCAC) now than three years ago
go through your BS. I am guilty of not running IKAC IKCAC shoots. They take
a lot of time and if you are into the archery couminity you know who will
win (no fun). Most IKAC scores that get turned in are shot at practice not
at events based on a pole I am running, so far.
As for being asked to come shoot, and the pagentery. I have tried asking at
practice and given up. If you want pagentery fight on the list field.
Archery is about you aginst your self. How are you shooting today as to how
you shot yesterday. Also understand the marshal has lot a whole lot to do
with running the range and can not go around asking every one that comes to
withen 50 feet of the line if they would like to shoot. Some times thing go
the h--- in a hand basket and the shoot runs long and persons that want to
shoot can not. The marshal need to go the the bathroom just like an other
person and get water and some thing to eat and may be just sit on their but
for a bit and get out of the sun a little.
This sounds like I don't care if new people come into archery, I do care but
I will not go and take them by the hand lead them to the range draw the
shoot the bow for them and then give them the score. If you want to shoot
come to the rangefind the marshal in charge and ask if they can help you or
show you to some one that can. If you are using loned equipment (bow arrows)
pay attention to where the arrows go I realy get pi---- when some one uses
loned equipment and dosen't apper to care what happened to the arrows they
just shot down range. You are looking at about $.75 to $1.00 for parts for
every arrows lost plus time to put them together.
As for why there were no IKCAC scores shot last year, that is simple. It is
HL Gilli blame, becouse of real world things he was unable to have the 2 / 3
free shoots that he has every year so that range was not set up ( it takes
about 75 yrds), also it takes 3 people to run an IKCAC the shooter the timer
and a score keeper you can not keep score and time, dosen't work.
Which starts me on yet another tanget. If you want to shoot scores be
prepaired to help on the range a little the marshal can get hot tired and
crankie and things go down hill from there.
Plachoya off bitch box