ARCH - Marshal Who??

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Mon Jun 19 20:36:42 PDT 2000

I can only talk to my situation and I won't fully speak to it in this forum.
A long time ago, about 1990, there abouts maybe 91 don't remember, after
being relieve of duty as the second Kingdom Archery Marshal, I asked my
predessor and sucessor Master Leon Dunn if I could still be an archery
marshal at large so I could continue what I'd been doing at that time which
was taking a combat archery range to events so people could shoot. (sorry
long sentence)  He said yes.  I've been one every since.  If that makes me
special, that's your idea not mine.  It's not my place to tell Talon's
story, therefore, I won't.

As it stands now, you can go to any archery event in the Known World and
help marshal the line if the Marshal in charge wants you to.

Now comes into veiw the difference between a warrented marshal and an
authorized marshal.  On the list field a authorized marshal is what is
required by the rules, and that's not taking a bit away from the abilities
of those good gentles that give so freely of their time.  Membership is not
required to be an authorized marshal.  However, a warrented marshal is
required to be incharge of an archery range.  Warrented means several
things;  1) the warrented marshal's name appears on a list signed by the
Soveregin, the Earl Marshal and the Kingdom Archery Marshal.  2).
Membership is required to be a warrented archery marshal.  Perhaps if target
archery had an authorizing system....Nope.   I'm not going there, at least
not now.  Been there, done that, spent way too much money on it.
Hummmm...money... now there's a thought.  If I weren't a warrented marshal I
would have to be a member..hummmmmm.  :)

I can not address your qualifications to be an archery marshal because I
don't know what they may be and my opinion in the matter doesn't matter, I'm
not the warranting authorty.  However, the Regional Archery Marshal who has
hire ability said become a deputy.  Kingdom Archery Marshal said talk to the
Regional Archery Marshal.