ARCH - Re: ANST - Archery Question

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Tue Jun 6 05:59:39 PDT 2000

Bob Dewart (gilli at seacove.net) said something that sounded like:
> The IKAC is round circles, not hoops.  There is no rank associated with a
> particular score in the IKAC.  The higher your score the better you are
> doing on a personnal level.

Are you truly that dense? When you measure people against each other, by
publishing these scores, you are ranking their abilities. After all,
Ansteorra can't have the best archers if they don't have scores there.

> You won't  shoot well if you don't shoot is my point.  If some folks feel
> guilty about it.  Well, again that's a personnal level.  Perhaps if they
> feel guilty they know that they really should be shooting  and stop the BS
> reasons for not shooting.

Are you truly that dense? This is the type of attitude that makes people
feel spurned instead of ignored.

> I find it almost impossible to say that Ansteorra has the best archers in
> the Known World when we don't even have scores in.  This will probably
> change in June, but here is the May report.  See if you can find Ansteorra
> list on it anywhere.

Ansteorra has the worst archers in the world, we've proved that over and
over again. After all, we haven't bothered doing the artifical
measurement that you are choosing to measure us against at this time.

I hope to have my other message done soon. After that, I may stop
posting if this is the treatment I am going to recieve from the archery
community.

Ciao,