ARCH - Archery Question

Patrick J. Cuccurello pat at adtelusa.com
Tue Jun 6 11:44:39 PDT 2000

> What you're saying is that none of these factors are
> important-that all that
> matters is
> an interkingdom ranking. Quite frankly, I couldn't care less
> about that. I'd
> rather see 20 people on the firing line having a good time then the 3 best
> archers in the known world shooting for score there.

So what do you think would be enjoyable?

I'll throw out the first suggestion to give you an idea.
<<Note:  I think that the fun things should be there with
the IKAC and IKCAC.  That way everyone can do what they
like--I'm real big on inclusion.  I'm sure that many IKAC
and IKCAC shooters would also in "fun stuff">>

This is a shoot that for years was sponsored by a good
friend of mine in a Kingdom far, far, away.....:)
Master Arik Alton, MSCA,OL,OP. is a Mongol persona who
believed that archery should be shot from horseback.
He then built a lifesize rocking horse out of wood,
a 55 gallon plastic barrel, and fur.  The object of
the shoot was to get the highest score from horseback
while the horse was rocking.  One set while the horse
faced the target, one set while the horse was 45% from
the target, and one set while the horse was parallel
to the target.

I propose that the Mongol households of Ansteorra band
together an sponsor some of these horseback shoots for
the archers of Ansteorra.  I will build the horse if
there is interest.  Prizes can be anything from promising
not to raid their camp and steal their women for a year
to arrowheads, prizes, Yak Spirits(tm), whatever  :)

What do you think?

Any one else out there willing to sponsor a shoot that
corresponds with what their persona did in period?

Petruccio