ARCH - ARCH-Speeding up

Bob Dewart gilli at seacove.net
Thu Jun 15 15:58:24 PDT 2000

Greetings and Hi There,

Even three archers can be getting a be crowded if they are good archers.  But alas, we're not all Robin Hoods.  If you have a range with many targets and many archers, then the marshal in charge should have asisstants on the line to help supervise the shoot.  If you don't have enough marshalls, reduce the number of archers on the line till it's a safe number the marshal can handle.

Another thing that will reduce time looking for arrows is have the archery range mowed!!  If you have very large target butts or the arrow catchers obstruct the view, only those people who have shot arrow down range should go down range.  And when they do, they should take their bow and lean it against the front of the butt they were shooting at. This will let folks know that someone is still back there if total vision behind the targets is obscured.  I always  crenge when I hear folks wanting to use kids to fetch arrows, luckily most of the target butts I've seen lately aren't very big and are no problem.

I let the shooter score his own unless he needs a ruling.  This is after all an honor game we play.  You don't need to go to the range if you're going to pencil whip the score.