ARCH - Marshal authorization...

N.D. Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Jun 18 20:39:53 PDT 2000

Gilli said:

>I reviewed my answer and found that I did leave out something very
>important.  However; it was not arrow inspection as arrow construction is
>covered in the rules.  That thing was a burning desire to do the job.  Not
>just a want to do the job.
	Ummm, that's not the point I was making.  I was using it as an
example of where I've been learning.  I learn from doing the field work and
by talking to the Marshalls on the field.  I've spoken to Plachoya and he's
been most helpful on the field....

>Combat archery is shooting at real live people with non leathal arrows.
>Target archery is shooting at some kind of a non living target.  Even the
>archery in the InterKingdom Combat Archery Competition is target archery
>because you are shooting a target ussually out of plywood and such.  Some
>marshals become very focused in there abilities.  Me included.  I'm
>basically a traget archery marshal who knows the archery side of combat
>archery.
	Okay, but my point is that I was hoping someone would talk about
combat archery.  I seem to find lots of info on target but less on combat.
Surely there are some marshalls that are more interested in combat than
target.  or someone who is interested in both.  I would probably get
interested in both if a balance was starting to be shown.  The majority of
helpful information about strategy and movement on the field have been for
me, given on the field by heavy fighters or by Her Excellency, Countess
Octavia.  Some of the local archers are being very helpful and I have found
some help from many of the Northern archers.

>The archery marshalls who inspect my equipment are always willing to talk
>as much as time allows and they are always happy to get  help with checking
>arrows.

Techniqucally every arrow is suppose to be checked before being allowed on
the field.  When I bring one of those big yellow boxes to the war each one
of those used arrows have been inspected 3 times before I  load the box on
the trailor. Once when we first start the arrow making parties, second time
when the repair is finished, third when I pack them in combat storage in the
box.  New construction is inspected twice.  Once ant the end of
construction.  The second time when I pack them in combat storage in the
box.

I'm not sure what these two comments have in common.  Iwas pointing out
that I learn things but doing arrow check and talking to the archery field
marshalls.  So I'm not sure where you are going eith your comment.  But
then I've been on meds and my reality is a tad skewed

Regards,

Clare