ARCH - Combat bolt question...

Mauer, Eric eric.mauer at attws.com
Fri Jun 23 09:28:46 PDT 2000

Fearghus writes:

> [...]
I have not tried this, but will. I may change the wording on this to state
that UHMW is only legal on fiberglass.<<<<

I'm assuming that this is because of potential problems with securing the
wood shaft in the head? I suspect that it's possible to securely fit them
in, either by drilling the holes slightly undersize or inserting the shaft
after taping. With the requirement that the heads be taped on, they should
work as well or better then standard Markland-style heads do. I don't see a
reason to ban the combination unless there's a problem that I've
not heard of...

Tuhtahl

Eric Mauer
Customer Care and Government Team Lead
Austin Customer Operations
AT&T Wireless Services
Office: 512-436-7354   Fax: 512-436-7708
eric.mauer at attws.com

"Cast off limiting thoughts and return to true emptiness. Stand in the
midst of the Great Void. This is the secret of the Way of the
Warrior."-Morihei Ueshiba